Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tips for Aspiring Bloggers to Optimize a Blog for SEO

Being an avid blogger myself for a couple of years now, I have never underestimated the power of search engine optimization to get my blogs to rank high on the search engines. Since i am a guest blogger for many companies, I make sure, that i incorporate a whole lot of keywords into my blog posts and help drive in traffic to the company blog that I am writing for. After all, that is what professional bloggers writing for different companies, targeting different niches do…

Well, today I will lay out the importance of writing seo friendly blog posts for anyone who aspires to be a professional blogger. See, professional blogging is a competitive field and unless you are blogging for yourself, you need to incorporate keywords into your posts and also need to know exactly why writing seo friendly blog post is so important in the first place.

Everything apart, let me lay out some points that I have learnt over the years…


# Companies Blog solely to generate traffic
When I started blogging, i made a major mistake of ignoring seo keywords and wrote what my heart felt. On a typical day it would have been great isn’t it?? After all, blogging is all about being expressive…

The only problem was, on that particular day, i was working on my first blogging assignment for a major footwear brand. Not such a good idea now, is it? And of course I was criticized for being an amateurish everyday blogger and blah blah blah!

As I had just started on the path of professional blogging and didn’t have a clue about the importance of search engine optimization, i walked out of there and went to meet my friend, who had been blogging professionally since a year then, and that is when I learnt the most important lesson…

“Companies blog solely to generate traffic” and that’s the bottom-line. So every aspiring blogger who wants to blog professionally needs to know how to incorporate seo friendly keywords into their blog posts, and at the same time, the post needs to be engaging enough for the reader. Companies need to generate traffic and a blog does that for them much better than their static website and helps them speak to their target audience in a casual and friendly manner.

# The keyword density needs to be kept in mind
One major factor that a professional blogger needs to keep in mind every time he is writing a blog for some company is to ensure adequate density of keywords for search engine optimization to function properly. Too many keywords and the blog would be spammed by search engines and too less would render it invisible on the search engine rankings.

So, you have to make sure that you are incorporating keywords in just the right amounts, for any online marketing company to help optimize that blog post that you have just written. So, start practicing this keyword density thing right now, and with practice and time you will know exactly when, where and how many times you need to use the keywords assigned to you by the company you are writing for.

The competition is stiff and with thousands of people aspiring to become a professional blogger, what you do and what you don’t is going to set you apart from the rest. Please do share your views with me and let me know if you have any questions… Take care!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Followers